YADE® has been developed to address the following enterprise file transfer requirements: Compliant logging, file transfer history and notifications Integration with JobScheduler for automated file transfers in complex workflows User interface for access to the file transfer history
YADE® has been developed to address the following enterprise file transfer requirements:
Compliant logging, file transfer history and notifications
Integration with JobScheduler for automated file transfers in complex workflows
User interface for access to the file transfer history
Platforms and Operating Systems
YADE can run on all operating systems that support a Java Virtual Machine.
YADE is tested to work for the platforms that JobScheduler is operated for, see Which platforms is JobScheduler available for and what platform support is provided?
Advanced File Transfer
YADE provides a wide range of basic and advanced file transfer features
The YADE Client is the main component in YADE. The client is not only responsible for file transfer and SSH command execution but can carry out customizable logging, send the transfer history to the YADE Background Service, enable an audit trail and provide error handling. The architecture of the YADE Client and its associated components is described in detail in the YADE Implementation Architecture.
YADE Command Line Interface
The Command Line Interface allows YADE to be operated directly from the command line or from batch files.
- The YADE Command Line Interface is used e.g. for integration with existing scripts and to replace direct calls to FTP and SFTP command line programs.
- The YADE Command Line Interface allows to change the file transfer behavior, e.g. switch of protocol from FTP to SFTP, without the need to modify existing scripts. Such modifications can be applied to a YADE configuration file and would not affect existing file transfer scripts.
The YADE API is used as a component for an individual application that requires file transfer capabilities.
- The YADE API makes the functionality of YADE available to any application running in a Java Virtual Machine.
- The YADE API provides access to classes and methods for individual handling of file transfer needs.
YADE JITL Jobs
Seamless integration of YADE within the SOS JobScheduler using the JobScheduler's YADE JITL Jobs (part of the JobScheduler Integrated Template Library) means that the full range of the JobScheduler's workload automation capabilities can be used to:
Read more ...
YADE Background Service
The YADE Background Service provides its functionality by use of the SOS JobScheduler.
It includes operations to collect the transfer history and log files from a number of YADE Clients and to add this information to the transfer history database.
It includes the YADE Background Service History, a graphical interface to visualize the transfer history.
YADE Background Service Automation
The YADE Background Service Automation is provided by a JobScheduler instance. This service can import the transfer history and log files from any number of YADE Clients into the transfer history database as well as sending notifications.
- The YADE Background Service collects the transfer history from individual YADE Clients and is either invoked by the YADE Client after each file transfer or started by the automatically by the JobScheduler.
- The YADE Background Service feeds the transfer history database with information on each file transfer including file names, source and target systems and execution results.
YADE Background Service History
The YADE Background Service History Viewer is a web front-end for accessing the file transfer history from the file transfer database which is used by the file YADE Background Service.
Virtual File System (VFS)
YADE uses a Virtual File System (VFS) as an interface to access and transfer files from source systems to target systems.
The YADE Credential Store allows the secure storage and retrieval of credentials for authentication, as well as connection and other parameters. The store can be used when YADE is used stand-alone or within the JobScheduler via the Jobs JADEJob & JADE4DMZJob.
The store can be used when YADE is used stand-alone or within the JobScheduler via the Jobs JADEJob & JADE4DMZJob.
File Transfer Profiles
All the settings required for file transfer, i.e. host name, username, protocol etc., can be grouped in a profile and stored in a YADE configuration file.
- Such profiles can be reused for multiple file transfer operations.
- Such profiles can be used by the YADE Command Line Interface and by YADE JITL Jobs at the same time.
YADE writes audit information to standardized log files with a structured and configurable format. This allows detailed logging of all characteristics of a file transfer, e.g. renaming of files, transfer duration, resolution of host names for source systems and target systems.
YADE records the file transfer history for all transfers and, if required, stores this information in a central file transfer history in a database. The file transfer history provides detailed information about each file transfer such as point in time, duration, individual files, source & target of a transfer and execution result. The file transfer history can be read using JOC.
YADE provides notifications in the event of errors.
Instructions for installing the YADE components and building them from source code if required.
YADE can be used on a jump host to provide file transfer across secure Internet / Intranet interfaces.
- Why should I use YADE?
- YADE Advanced File Transfer
- YADE Platforms and Operating Systems
- YADE Virtual File System (VFS)
- YADE Credential Store
- YADE File Transfer Profiles
- YADE Audit Trail
- YADE Transfer History
- YADE Notifications
- YADE Jump Host