Users have a choice of how they get started with the JS7: by use of the Online Demo, Installation for Docker® or Installation On Premises.
Please have a quick look at the JS7 - System Architecture section that explains the components and platforms involved.
- When searching for JS7 articles prefix your search with the term "js7", for example use "js7 git" if you are looking for information how to integrate with Git repositories.
- When navigating articles start from the node: JS7
- The same source code and therefore the same functional features are available with both license models. The operational feature to cluster the JS7 components for high availability is a commercially available feature.
- Professional services including Product Maintenance, Support Options and Services, such as Training, Implementation and Migration services are available with a Commercial License.
- Access to our ticket system, 24/7 Support and guaranteed Service Levels are available for Commercial License holders.
- We support users of the Open Source License by Community Resources including the public SourceForge JobScheduler Ticket System and SourceForge JobScheduler Discussion Forums.
Use the Online Demo that is immediately available:
- from the above site register for an online demo. you should receive your personal access data by mail within a minute.
- You can try out a number of JS7 - Features. Find explanations about available use cases from the JS7 - Online Demo section.
Installation for Docker® Containers
Use the JS7 - Installation for Docker Containers section to pull images ready to run in a Docker® or OpenShift® platform.
For evaluation purposes the embedded H2® database included with JOC Cockpit can be used. For use with any other DBMS see JS7 - Database.
Installation On Premises
For evaluation purposes the JOC Cockpit installer offers an embedded H2® database. For use with any other DBMS see JS7 - Database.
To set up your scheduling environment find information from the JS7 - Initial Operation section.
To give you an easy start, we suggest that you download some presets that you can import into JOC Cockpit from the Configuration view, for details see JS7 - Inventory Export and Import:
- Download (.zip import): https://download.sos-berlin.com/JobScheduler.2.3/Defaults.zip
- After import of the
Defaults.ziparchive a folder with the name
Defaultsbecomes available that includes JS7 - Job Resources to publish global JS7 - Job Environment Variables to your shell jobs.
- Deploy defaults to your JS7 Controller, see JS7 - Deployment.
You might be interested in downloading a number of examples for workflows and jobs for operation with Agents on Unix and Windows respectively. The examples can be helpful to create your own workflows and job dependencies. The examples correspond to what you find from the JS7 - Online Demo. Please import the Defaults explained with the previous chapter before importing examples.
- Download Examples for use with Unix Agents (.tar.gz import): https://download.sos-berlin.com/JobScheduler.2.3/Examples.tar.gz
- Download Examples for use with Windows Agents (.zip import): https://download.sos-berlin.com/JobScheduler.2.3/Examples.zip
Unix examples make use of the Agent Name
primaryAgent, Windows examples use the Agent Name
windowsAgent. You can modify the Agent assignment with the example jobs or you can create this Agent Alias Name (recommended), see JS7 - Initial Operation for Standalone Controller. Then deploy & release examples to your JS7 Controller, see JS7 - Deployment.
Get in Contact
For contacts about JS7
send your comments, questions or problem reports as Feedback
send your questions about professional support & services by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For technical assistance
How to create your first job and workflow
This initial video presents the "hello world" example.
How to fork jobs for parallel execution
This video explains how to create parallel jobs in a workflow that can be nested and joined.
How to manage job errors
This video explains how to automate the handling of job errors in workflows.
How to manage conditional processing
This video explains how to manage conditional processing in a workflow.
How to limit parallel execution of jobs
This video explains how to limit parallel execution.
How to parameterize workflows and pass variables to jobs
This video explains how to parameterize workflows and pass variables to jobs in a workflow.
How to start workflows from incoming files
This video explains how to manage file watching.