Workflows, Jobs and Orders are the basic objects that are used for workload automation.
- A workflow includes a number of instructions such as whether to execute a job, to fork processing, to acquire a lock etc.
- Any number of jobs can be included in a workflow.
- Workflows and depending objects such as locks have to be deployed to a Controller.
- Workflows are digitally signed for JS7 - Deployment.
- An order is added to a workflow and is scheduled for a given date and time. The order will pass along the nodes of the workflow and will be subject to a number of state transitions.
- Any number of orders can be processed in parallel by a workflow.
- Orders are submitted to a Controller. This can be achieved by use of schedules that add orders for workflow execution to the daily plan. In addition, orders can be added ad hoc by user intervention and they can be added from file order sources, i.e. from files that arrive in directories that are subject to JS7 - File Watching