- The XML Editor can export an XML configuration as used for YADE 1.11 to a compatible .ini format as used for YADE 1.10 and earlier.
- This allows to use the the YADE - Reference Documentation - Parameter Reference and to create valid configuration files.
- You can use the XML Editor graphical GUI and at the same time continue to use .ini files for YADE releases before 1.11.
- The following examples have been created by use of the XML Editor
- Each sample file references the XSD schema from the YADE - Reference Documentation - XSD Schema Reference
- Each sample is available in compatible .xml and .ini formats for your reference.
- The samples are based on configuration examples as explained in the YADE - Tutorials.
The XML Editor feature for exporting compatible configuration files makes use of a Java based Plugin.
- Use of this feature requires a Java Run-Time Environment starting from version 1.8 to be available.
Configuring the XML Editor
Activating the YADE Xml2Ini Converter Plugin
The XML Editor comes with a sub-folder
plugins in the installation directory.
- By default all Plugins that are deployed with this folder are available with the XML Editor. Therefore the Xml2Ini Converter is active by default.
- Should the sub-folder
pluginsnot be available, e.g. should this folder have been renamed, then you cannot use the conversion feature.
- If the Xml2Ini Converter is available then you can use the respective operation from the main menu and from the tab context menu.
- The XML Editor shows a file dialog and suggests an .ini export file with the same basename as the current .xml configuration file.
Configuring the XML Editor for automated Conversion
The XML Editor comes with the feature to auto-save configuration files in the .ini format when saving to the .xml format, i.e. doing the conversion automatically.
- To activate this feature adjust the check-box "Autosave ini file" to be checked. We recommend to use this feature if you want to create compatible .xml and .ini configuration files for YADE releases 1.10 and 1.11.
- This allows to manage configurations for YADE 1.11 in XML format and to have a parallel .ini file being created for use with YADE 1.10. Keeping both .xml and .ini configuration files in sync will allow a smooth migration to YADE 1.11 - as long as you would not manually modify the .ini file.
- In autosave mode the .ini file will be overwritten whenever the .xml file is saved.
- In addition you can enable desktop notifications to be created if a .ini file is being saved.
Assigning the YADE XSD Schema
When creating a new XML configuration file then the following dialog appears for schema assignment:
For YADE configuration files please assign the XSD Schema that matches your YADE release:
- either assign the XSD schema from the SOS Web Site: http://www.sos-berlin.com/schema/yade/YADE_configuration_v1.0.xsd
- or download the XSD schema to some local location and assign it by using the Open File dialog.
The schema will be accessed by the XML Editor when validating, saving and converting files. The following operations for schema assignment for existing files are available from the tab context menu:
- Reload schema: reload and apply the current XSD schema.
- Reassign schema: open the assignment dialog and assign an XSD schema.
- All examples are used for the YADE Configuration XSD schema http://www.sos-berlin.com/schema/yade/YADE_configuration_v1.0.xsd
- All examples are compatible for use with YADE 1.10 (.ini) and YADE 1.11 (.xml)
XML Configuration: getting_started.xml
- Flat File Configuration: getting_started.ini
Simple File Selection
- See tutorial The YADE Client Command Line Interface - Tutorial 2 - Simple File Selection
- XML Configuration: simple_file_selection.xml
- Flat File Configuration: simple_file_selection.ini
More Advanced File Selection
- See tutorial The YADE Client Command Line Interface - Tutorial 3 - More Advanced File Selection
- XML Configuration: more_advanced_file_selection.xml
- Flat File Configuration: more_advanced_file_selection.ini
- see tutorial The YADE Client Command Line Interface - Tutorial 4 - File Transfer
- XML Configuration: file_transfer.xml
- Flat File Configuration: file_transfer.ini
Checking Files for Completenss
- See tutorial The YADE Client Command Line Interface - Tutorial 5 - Checking files for completeness
- XML Configuration: checking_files_for_completeness.xml
- Flat File configuration: checking_files_for_completeness.ini