The main purpose of YADE is to transfer data such as files between data sources and data targets. In addition it can execute commands by SSH on some hosts and record a file transfer history. A detailed list of YADE's file transfer features can be found in the YADE - Features article.
The components provided by YADE can be grouped under two main headings - the YADE Client and the YADE Background Service.
YADE Client Components
The YADE Client is the main component in YADE. The client is not only responsible for file transfer and SSH command execution but can carry out customizable logging, send the transfer history to the YADE Background Service, enable an audit trail and provide error handling. The architecture of the YADE Client and its associated components is described in detail in the YADE Implementation Architecture.
The YADE client can be operated through one of the following components.
YADE Command Line Interface
The Command Line Interface allows YADE to be operated directly from the command line or from batch files.
- The YADE Command Line Interface is used e.g. for integration with existing scripts and to replace direct calls to FTP and SFTP command line programs.
- The YADE Command Line Interface allows to change the file transfer behavior, e.g. switch of protocol from FTP to SFTP, without the need to modify existing scripts. Such modifications can be applied to a YADE configuration file and would not affect existing file transfer scripts.
The YADE API is used as a component for an individual application that requires file transfer capabilities.
- The YADE API makes the functionality of YADE available to any application running in a Java Virtual Machine.
- The YADE API provides access to classes and methods for individual handling of file transfer needs.
YADE JITL Jobs
Seamless integration of YADE within the SOS JobScheduler using the JobScheduler's YADE JITL Jobs (part of the JobScheduler Integrated Template Library) means that the full range of the JobScheduler's workload automation capabilities can be used to:
YADE Background Service Components (before 1.12)
The YADE Background Service provides its functionality by use of the SOS JobScheduler.
It includes operations to collect the transfer history and log files from a number of YADE Clients and to add this information to the transfer history database.
It includes the YADE Background Service History, a graphical interface to visualize the transfer history.
YADE Background Service Automation (before 1.12)
The YADE Background Service Automation is provided by a JobScheduler instance. This service can import the transfer history and log files from any number of YADE Clients into the transfer history database as well as sending notifications.
- The YADE Background Service collects the transfer history from individual YADE Clients and is either invoked by the YADE Client after each file transfer or started by the automatically by the JobScheduler.
- The YADE Background Service feeds the transfer history database with information on each file transfer including file names, source and target systems and execution results.
YADE Background Service History Viewer (before 1.12.)
The YADE Background Service History Viewer is a web front-end for accessing the file transfer history from the file transfer database which is used by the file YADE Background Service.
YADE General Information
YADE Client Component
YADE Background Service Component