- The Fail Instruction is used to fail orders in a workflow.
- By default an order halts and is assigned the FAILED state. FAILED orders remain with their workflow position and require user intervention to transition from this state.
- If the Fail Instruction is included
- Users can resume, suspend and cancel FAILED orders - see JS7 - Order State Transitions.
Workflow Instruction: Fail
- The workflow makes use of an If Instruction to check a previous job's return values. See JS7 - If Instruction for details of how to add expressions to If Instructions.
- If the If Instruction evaluates to true then the Fail Instruction is executed. The order is then assigned the FAILED state.
- When an order is failed, a message and a return code that specify the reason for failing the order can be added as an option.
- The operation to fail an order can be specified being Uncatchable indicating that a surrounding Retry Instruction will not be triggered. Instead, the order will be moved to the position after the Retry Instruction and will halt with a FAILED state.