JobScheduler provides a number of features to map the functionality of other job scheduling systems. JobScheduler does not include any built-in capabilities for automated migration from legacy workload automation products. However, the SOS provides Migration Services for a smooth transition. There are integration scenarios that would allow JobScheduler to be operated with legacy scheduling products, e.g. by JobScheduler Agents.
There are integration scenarios that would allow JobScheduler to be operated with legacy scheduling products, e.g. by JobScheduler Agents.
A number of workload automation systems have been successfully migrated to the JobScheduler. The systems migrated include:
- A JITL job template is available that can be used to convert a crontab to JobScheduler jobs and job chains: see JITL Jobs by topic
- SOS offers to convert Control-M jobs to JobScheduler objects as part of our Migration Services
- CA® TNG® Unicenter®
- SOS offers a compatibility mode for time and dependency based job execution as known by Unicenter.
- Instead of a full migration some customers prefer to keep their existing job scheduling product as a master and to replace their legacy agents by JobScheduler Agents.
- JobScheduler provides more flexiblity with its architecture for Cluster Operation and the handling of job dependencies.
- JobScheduler provides a better price / performance ratio an can e.g. replace legacy agents by fully functional workload instances and Agents.
- JobScheduler can be integrated with a number of products provided that interfaces such as command line invocation or web services are available.
- See the integration sample in Controlling JobScheduler with a Tivoli Workload Scheduler Master
- If you are interested to verify your migration and integration scenario send an e-mail to: email@example.com
Feature in Detail
How To ... Articles