JobScheduler provides a number of features to map the functionality of other job scheduling systems. JobScheduler does not include any built-in capabilities for automated migration from legacy workload automation products. However, the SOS provides Migration Services for a smooth transition.
There are integration scenarios that would allow JobScheduler to be operated with legacy scheduling products, e.g. by JobScheduler Agents.
A number of workload automation systems have been successfully migrated to the JobScheduler. The systems migrated include:
- A JITL job template is available that can be used to convert a crontab to JobScheduler jobs and job chains: see JITL Jobs by topic
- SOS offers to convert Control-M jobs to JobScheduler objects as part of our Migration Services
- CA® TNG® Unicenter®
- SOS offers a compatibility mode for time and dependency based job execution as known by Unicenter.
- Instead of a full migration some customers prefer to keep their existing job scheduling product as a master and to replace their legacy agents by JobScheduler Agents.
- JobScheduler provides more flexiblity with its architecture for Cluster Operation and the handling of job dependencies.
- JobScheduler provides a better price / performance ratio an can e.g. replace legacy agents by fully functional workload instances and Agents.
- JobScheduler can be integrated with a number of products provided that interfaces such as command line invocation or web services are available.
- See the integration sample in Controlling JobScheduler with a Tivoli Workload Scheduler Master
- If you are interested to verify your migration and integration scenario send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Feature in Detail
How To ... Articles