Documentation - available Formats
Documentation is available in the following formats:
- XML, uses XSLT for display with IE starting with 5.5 and Mozilla Firefox
- PDF, preferably used for printer friendly layout
Getting Started - Architecture
We recommend you start by reading the following introduction:
in which the architecture of the JobScheduler, its mode of operation and the user interface are explained.
Getting Started - Tutorials
We have started a series of tutorials to help provide an introduction to running JobScheduler jobs and orders.
Installation and Configuration
- JobScheduler Master - Installation Guide
We recommend you read this before you start to install and configure.
- Quickstart for Job Configuration (PDF)
Example jobs and orders to get you up and running.
- Reference Documentation (XML) (PDF)
The reference documentation explains job configuration and interfaces in detail.
- JobScheduler Amazon AMI Installation Guide (PDF)
This documentation describes the installation on an Amazon AMI Linux 64Bit image.
- Installation by Cloning (PDF)
This documentation describes the deployment of multiple JobSchedulers on distributed servers by copying a template JobScheduler.
We provide the following tutorial for developers who write documentation for their jobs:
JID (JobScheduler Information Dashboard) Documentation (deprecated)
Provides an overview of jobs planned and those that have successfully been completed.
Implementation of Jobs Using the JobScheduler API
These documents are intended for job developers, you do not need to read this document in order to be able to configure automated job starts for executable programs and scripts.
For quick navigation use the following shortcuts:
- Internal API Job Implementation Tutorial (PDF)
An introduction to the development of jobs using the JobScheduler internal API.
More complex job scheduling scenarios are explained in the following documents:
- Using and Migrating Cron with JobScheduler (PDF)
Explains how to use and migrate crontabs with JobScheduler.
- Tutorial Web Service Implementation (PDF)
Explains the configuration and implementation of Web Services for your jobs.
- Conditional Job Processing with Events (PDF)
- Explains how events can be used for conditional job execution.