This article only applies to the Classic JOC interface
The information provided on this page only applies to the Classic JOC user interface, which is entering retirement:
FEATURE AVAILABILITY ENDING WITH RELEASE 1.11
The JOC Cockpit user interface replaces JOC:
FEATURE AVAILABILITY STARTING FROM RELEASE 1.11See the JOC Cockpit article as a starting point for information about the JOC Cockpit.
If you have a lot of objects, then the response time of JOC slows down when using the list view:
- This is especially reflected in the list view of the objects.
- The tree view can be much faster.
- The tree view is implemented since release 1.3.8 for jobs and job chain and since 1.3.12 also for orders and schedules.
- While in the list view all objects of the current tab will be displayed, in the tree view only the objects of opened folders are displayed.
- So, the JobScheduler answer after an update of a list view contains all objects of the current tab, making the answer correspondingly large.
If you have a lot of objects, then use the tree view:
- This is particularly performant, if you save your objects in subdirectories of the Hot Folder (
- In this case are not all objects of the current tab in the JobScheduler answer, but only those of the opened directories.
- Further the performance depends on the network velocity.
You can check the response time if you switch on the log window. For this go to Help|Extras->Settings and edit the debug leveh1. 3.
Then you see in a new tab some log lines like
If you want a logging of a single operation in JOC then close the log tab before you execute the operation in JOC and a clear new tab will be created.
Set the debug level0 to switch off the logging and close the log tab.