|Table of Contents
- The outage of an Agent will stop the execution of workflows with that Agent. Workflows running with Agents that remain available are unaffected.
- Workflows which miss their scheduled execution date will be executed when the Agent becomes available.
- The Controller is used at design-time to deploy workflows and to submit orders to Agents. At run-time the Controller receives information about execution results and order state transitions from Agents.
- If an Agent becomes unavailable then:
- the Controller will try to reconnect to the Agent in question.
- the Controller will report the missing Agent connection to the JOC Cockpit.
- When the connection to the Agent is re-established the Controller will continue to receive execution results and order state transitions.
JOC Cockpit Behavior
- JOC Cockpit receives information about Agents from a Controller. There is no direct connection from JOC Cockpit to Agents.
- In case of outage of an Agent:
- the Controller will report the information to the JOC Cockpit which will then display the missing Agent connection in its JS7 - Dashboard.
- any interaction with the Agent such as deployment of workflows or requests for submission/cancellation of orders to that Agent will be delayed. The Controller will accept such requests and forward them to the Agent when the Agent becomes available. It is therefore not necessary for such requests to be repeated as they have been promised and will be executed when the Agent becomes available.