What JIRA Dashboards are available for JobScheduler?
JIRA Dashboards provide an overview about the status of the Product Development for JobScheduler, YADE and its components (JITL, JID, JOE, JOC). Basically four categories of JIRA Dashboards are available:
The System Dashboard is the default Dashboard that appears before logging into the system. This Dashboard contains the most relevant information about the current release for JobScheduler, YADE and related components. You will find the following information:
- Introduction: where you find links regarding the products that might be of interest for you
- Activity stream: the last 10 activities within all JobScheduler and YADE projects
- Projects: An overview of all JobScheduler and YADE projects
- Two Dimensional Filter Statistics: A matrix related to the current release with all status on one of the axis and the projects on the other axis
- Filter Results: The same information as above in the matrix but on a one-dimensional overview for all issues from all projects (again for the current release)
- Issue Statistics: Statistics about the status of the issues across all projects for the current release
- Favourite Filters: The filters you have subscribed to
- Quick Links: in case you want to browse different projects or to make a search for specific issues
The Release Management Dashboard is the Dashboard that is used by the SOS Development Team to control release planning, meaning by this, a control of:
- What and how many issues are assigned to the current release
- What status the issues for the current release are in
- What and how many issues have not been assigned to any release yet
- What work load the developers are facing
Hint: This dashobard and the System Dashboard are very alike, with the main difference that the filters appear here related to individual developers. Therefore, this Dashboard is primarily relevant for users who are interested in details of the current release. Otherwise the System Dashboard is more suitable for you.
Project Related Dashboards
These are the Dashboards that contain the information mentioned above for each component individually. For example, the Dasboard "JobScheduler Release Planning" contains:
- Issue Statistics: Statistics about the status of the issues in the JobScheduler project for the current release
- Activity stream: the last 10 activities within the JobScheduler project
- Two Dimensional Filter Statistics: A matrix about the current release of JobScheduler with all statuses on one axis and the assignees (developers) on the other axis.
- Filter Results: There are seven of them and they show the following information:
- On the left side: An overview of the issues that have not been started yet, the ones that are in progress and the ones that been already resolved but not approved yet (for the current release).
- On the right side: An overview with three lists where issues for the three previous releases are shown and another one where the issues related to this project that have no version assigned are listed.
The Dashboards for the other projects are built similarly:
- YADE Release Planning
- JID Release Planning
- JITL Release Planning
- JOC Release Planning
- JOE Release Planning
Customer Related Dashboards
Dashboards for some specific customers are provided, primarily in case these customers are related to a number of requirements and want to track them. These Dashboards can only be seen by the corresponding customers.
They contain similar information as the System Dashboard but of course related to the particular customer:
- Projects: An overview of all JobScheduler projects
- Activity stream: the last 10 activities within all JobScheduler projects
- Two Dimensional Filter Statistics: A matrix related to the issues for the particular customer with all status on one of the axis and the projects on the other axis
- Filter Results: The same as above but on a one-dimensional overview for all issues from all projects (just for this particular customer)
- Issue Statistics: Statistics about the status of the issues over all projects (just for this particular customer)
How to subscribe to a JIRA Dashboard?
To subscribe to a JIRA Dashboard, you have to be logged in first. Afterwards, please do the following:
- Go to "Dashboards" on the top (left) of the page
- Click on "Manage Dashboards"
- Go to "Search" and in the "Owner" field look for the user "sos_manager"
- Click on "Search" and you will find all Dashboards available:
- Click on each "star" for each Dashboard you want to subscribe to
- Come back to the main page clicking on the rabbit on the top of the page (left) and your Dashboards will appear every time you log in.