- Relation between Run-Times and Schedules
- Configuring Run-Times
The JOC Cockpit Run-time Editor has been introduced to simplify making temporary changes to Job and Order start times by adding Run-Times or selecting Schedules. When editing Run-Times the editor follows configuration terms such as, "Execute an Order every Monday at 09:00" or "Execute a Job every 1st and 2nd Monday of the month".
Relation between Run-Times and Schedules
Jobs and Orders can either be started using the JOC Cockpit according to Run-Times or Schedules but not both:
- Run-Times are Job or Order-specific - i.e. they are properties of a particular Order or standalone Job.
- Schedules are specified independently of the Jobs or Orders they are used for and can therefore be more used flexibly and more efficiently, particularly in environments where there are large numbers of Jobs and Orders that run regularly.
The JOC Cockpit Run-Time Editor can be used to configure Run-Times and specify Schedules but selection of a Schedule for a Job or Order that already has a Run-Time - as shown in the screenshot below - will cause the run-time to be deleted and vice-versa.
The following screenshots show the main configuration panels available for the Run-time Editor.
Setting up a Schedule valid for a limited period of time:
Configuring a Schedule to run for a specific month:
Configuring a Schedule to run on specific days of the week:
Deleting Run-times and Schedules
Two functions are available for deleting individual Run-times and deleting Schedules that have been set in the JOC Cockpit:
- Set Run-time:
- This function opens a modal window that allows Run-times or Schedules set in the JOC Cockpit to be deleted and new ones configured as required. When all Run-times or Schedules configured for a Job or Order are deleted with this function any Run-time or Schedule configured on the file system will not be (re)activated.
- Reset Run-time:
- This function opens a modal window that allows Run-times or Schedules set in the JOC Cockpit to be removed and any Run-time or Schedule configured on the file system to be (re)activated if all the Run-times or Schedules configured in the JOC Cockpit are deleted.
Both functions can be reached from additional Options menus as shown, for example, in the screenshot below, which shows an Order in the Job Chains view:
The following Permissions are required before all possible changes to Run-times and Schedules can be made: