- Starting from Release 1.6.4043 an Oracle Java or OpenJDK Runtime Environment 1.7 or later is required.
- Starting from Release 1.9 an Oracle Java or OpenJDK Runtime Environment 1.8 or later is required.
Extract the downloaded archive jade_client_linux.x.x.x.tar.gz respective jade_client_windows.x.x.x.zip to an arbitrary directory, e.g. /tmp/ or C:\Temp\ and run the installer dialog for YADE Client using
- On Linux ...
- The setup.sh calls sudo to get root permissions. It is strongly recommended that you not logged in as root.
- root permissions are not mandatory.
If you want to start the installer without root permissions then you can call it with the -u option.
- On Windows the option -u fro an unprivileged installation is not available. The installer asks always for elevated administrator permissions.
- Now the installer opens a GUI to enter the installation path.
- You can start the installer without GUI, e.g. if no X-Server is installed on Linux.
In this case you have to edit the file jade_client_install.xml to configure the installation path in Line 22.
After you have configured the jade_client_install.xml then you call
Use with the YADE API
The YADE Command Line Client comes with all the files necessary to allow use via the API.
Follow the link for more information about the use of the JADE API