The JS7 offers File Watching out-of-the-box.
- JS7 Agents can be used to watch for incoming files from specific directories.
- For each incoming file a file order is created that is passed to the related workflow.
- Users are in charge of (re)moving files from the incoming directories.
File and Directory Watching
There is a fundamental difference between both concepts:
- File Watching is about watching for incoming files from a directory.
- The JS7 will create a file order for each incoming file.
- File Watching is performed by JS7 Agents per directory, for details see JS7 - File Watching.
- Directory Watching is about watching for changes to a directory.
Find examples from the JS7 - File Watching article.