Can ad hoc changes be set for established job chains? When will such changes become effective?
- Standalone Jobs
- Jobs that are not part of a job chain can be added and removed ad hoc.
- A job that is currently running will be unchanged until the end of its processing.
- Jobs for Job Chains
- Jobs for a job chain can be changed at any time, however, such changes will only become effective if no order is actively being processed in that job chain.
- Changes to an order will only become effective if that order is not actively being processed in a job chain.
- Supposing you have a job chain that processes database statements that are part of the parameters of an order; then you can change the included sql statements of the order that will become effective the next time when the order is started.
- Job Chains
- Job nodes within a job chain can be changed at any time, however, such changes will only become effective if no order is actively being processed in that job chain.
The possibility to apply changes without having to restart JobScheduler is also provided by the JobScheduler Operations Center JOC. Changes made directly to the
scheduler.xml configuration file require JobScheduler to be restarted.