JS7 allows users to provide their own User Documentation for scheduling objects in a number of formats and to import the User Documentation to which can be imported to the JOC Cockpit. Once imported, the User Documentation can be linked to workflows, jobs etc.
In addition, an export operation is available that allows to rollout User Documentation to be rolled out, for example, from a development environment to a production environment
- If an HTML file contains links with a relative address then the linked file either has to be imported too as well or an HTTP address can be used.
- Additional file formats that are used as embedded objects in an HTML file such as audio files can be displayed but need an HTTP address instead of a relative address.
- Markdown files are converted to HTML when displayed:
- Markdown files have to match the syntax of John Gruber.
- During HTML conversion, a default .css file (
/sos/css/default-markdown.css) is used and the title of the page is considered the name of the Markdown file.
- The Markdown can start with reference-style links that are invisible.
- These links can be used as header information for title and .css file
- [css]: http://myHost/my.css or relative [css]: my.css
- [title]: myTitle
By default user accounts assigned the application manager role are granted permissions to import for importing documentation items.