- Java Runtime Environment 1.8 or newer is required.
Extract the downloaded archive
to an arbitrary directory, e.g.
The installer can run with or without a GUI.
- Make sure that all JobScheduler Universal Agent instances are stopped that are installed in the same location and therefore use the same Agent libraries.
- The installer asks for elevated administrator privileges, therefore it is not necessary to change the permissions in the
.\servicedirectory and the installer sets read/write permissions for the log directory.
- After the installation you will find ...
- a Windows service "SOS JobScheduler Agent -port=<http-port>"
- an executable
.\service\sos_jobscheduler_agent_<http-port>.exethat is started by the Windows service
- an instance script (
.\bin\jobscheduler_agent_<http-port>.cmd) of the JobScheduler Agent that is called by the
Installation with GUI
Run the installer dialog for the JobScheduler Universal Agent using
- The installer asks for elevated administrator permissions.
- The installer opens a GUI to specify the installation path after you accepted the terms of the license agreement.
- In the next two forms you can specify the environment variables of the JobScheduler Universal Agent instance that are explained in theJobScheduler Universal Agent - Installation & Operation article.
- Make sure that the HTTP port is available, i.e. not otherwise used. If you run other applications that use this port then choose a different port.
- If you specify a service account then make sure that this account has "Log on as service rights".
- If you selected the installation path to be located in
C:\Program Filesthen it is recommended to choose the log directory outside of the installation path, e.g.
- The installer sets read/write permissions for the specified Windows service user but normally exclusively the adminstrator group should have write permissions for
- If multiple instances will be installed then it is recommended to use the same log directory for all instances.
Installation without GUI
Run the installer for JobScheduler Universal Agent parametrized with the
jobscheduler_universal_agent_install.xmlfile that is included with the extracted archive.
This parameter file is preconfigured, i.e. you can run it without any changes.
- If you run the installer without modifications in
- the installation path is
- the http port is
- the log folder is
- the installation path is
If you want to modify the default options then edit the
jobscheduler_universal_agent_install.xmlfile before you start the installer
Change Management References for Windows Service
|T||Key||Linked Issues||Fix Version/s||Status||P||Summary||Updated|