- System Monitors are tools that execute repeated checks for availability of software components.
- A number of System Monitor products can be used to monitor JS7 by checking the availability of JOC Cockpit, Controller and Agents.
- Active Checks are initiated from the System Monitor server and are performed on a regular basis, e.g. every 5 minutes.
- The purpose of Active Checks is to verify the availability of the JS7 components.
- Passive Checks are initiated from the JOC Cockpit and report execution results of workflows and jobs to a System Monitor.
- The JS7 - Notifications can be used for management of complex Passive Checks that are forwarded to a System Monitor.