JobScheduler provides an XSD schema that documents the available elements and attributes of the XML Interface:
- the XML commands
- the configuration of JobScheduler objects such as jobs, job chains, orders
- the configuration of the JobScheduler start-up file
The XSD Schema is located at
JobScheduler and JOE
- JobScheduler itself uses the XSD schema to validate input from configuration files and from the XML interface.
- JOE validates configuration files on start-up and when content is being saved.
- Individual customer applications make use of the XML Interface in order to e.g.
- add orders for job chains,
- start jobs and orders.
An application or database trigger could use the XML Interface to send a command such as
- Such applications can use the XSD schema to validate commands before sending them to JobScheduler.