The following new features have been included with the 64-bit JobScheduler:
- different time zones can now be specified per job and order - JS-983Getting issue details... STATUS
- JobScheduler now handles XML via Java instead of the C++ implementation of libxml2 - JS-984Getting issue details... STATUS
The following JITL - JobScheduler Integrated Template Library jobs will not work with the 64-bit JobScheduler:
- Managed Custom Reports
These jobs have been marked as deprecated but will be supported in the 32-bit versions of JobScheduler 1.7.x.
They will not be supported in JobScheduler releases starting from 1.8.
Should you have problems with the installation and/or discover reproducible bugs that are not yet documented (see our bug tracker) or if the 64-bit JobScheduler works perfectly for you then please let us know at:
[betatest] @ [sos-berlin.com]
Don't forget to include:
- details of your environment incl. configuration files,
- copies of the scripts you were running,
- relevant log files.
Installation of the 64-bit JobScheduler is almost identical to that of the 32-bit Version, which is described in our JobScheduler Master - Installation Guide.
The following additional requirements apply for the 64-bit version:
The 64-bit Beta version requires the following:
- Oracle™ Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 64-bit: at least version 1.6.x
- A shell in /bin/sh (or a symlink)
- The following 64-bit libraries:
In addition, two components (JOE (JobScheduler Object Editor) and JID (JobScheduler Information Dashboard)) of the JobScheduler are SWT applications and require an X Windows system and GTK2. The JobScheduler installation includes a 64-bit swt.jar but you still need the following 64-bit libraries:
Finally, we recommend that before starting the installation you set the JAVA_HOME environment variable to your 64-bit Java version (see “Requirements”, above).