This article describes how to enable connection pooling with hibernate using c3po.
- Get the jars from www.sos-berlin.com/download/jobscheduler_c3po.zip
- Unzip the jars to scheduler_home/lib
- Open scheduler_data/config/hibernate.cfg.cml
- Add the settings for c3po
- Restart JobScheduler
A short description of the Parameters:
- hibernate.c3p0.min_size – Minimum number of JDBC connections in the pool. Hibernate default: 1
- hibernate.c3p0.max_size – Maximum number of JDBC connections in the pool. Hibernate default: 100
- hibernate.c3p0.timeout – When an idle connection is removed from the pool (in second). Hibernate default: 0, never expire.
- hibernate.c3p0.max_statements – Number of prepared statements will be cached. Increase performance. Hibernate default: 0 , caching is disable.
- hibernate.c3p0.idle_test_period – idle time in seconds before a connection is automatically validated. Hibernate default: 0
For more details have a look at https://community.jboss.org/wiki/HowToConfigureTheC3P0ConnectionPool