Setback intervals based on exit codes
If you want to set different setback intervals depending on the exit code then you can use the internal API by defining a post-processing routine after the task.
In this example, we define a job in a job chain.
- When the job ends with exit code 1 then try again in 60 seconds
- When the job ends with exit code 444 then try again in 2 hours
- When the job ends with other non-zero exit codes then try again in 300 seconds
Perform the following tasks with JOE:
- Define a post-processing function spooler_task_after()
- Code the switch with your requirements.
- Add the job to a job chain. Do this even you only have one job in the chain.
XML Configuration of the Job
XML configuration of the Job Chain