page under construction
- explanations have to be re-worked
Example: File Transfer using JITL Job
The following scenario is given:
- JobScheduler reads a status information from an Oracle database table scenario1 where we store values every 5 minutes
- For this demo we handle the table as if there were just one row of data.
If the column value of scenario1.Status = “
- read additional FTP attributes from an database table, i.e. SourceFilePath, SourceFileName, TargetFilePath, TargetFileName, EncryptedYN.
- store FTP attributes as memory variables for later use.
- call YADE to transfer files by SFTP using its configuration from the stored memory variables.
- If SourceFile does not exist
- send e-mail indicating the error including the file properties (source file name, source file size, source file date/time created, date/time of failure, target file name, target directory, failure detail)
- If SourceFile does exist
- If EncryptedYN has the value
- execute encryption routine
- perform SFTP file transfer to target system
- confirm that the file has been successfully received at the destination.
- If the file has not been successfully received at the destination
- send mail indicating the error that occurred including the file properties (source file name, source file size, source file date/time created, date/time of failure, target file name, target directory, failure detail)
- If the file has been successfully received
- send a confirmation mail including the file properties (source file name, source file size, source file date/time created, date/time of failure, target file name, target director)
- If EncryptedYN has the value
- Log All transport activities
- Create PDF report of all transport activities between two dates/times
Representation of the Solution
Components of the Solution
checkDB: Access to Oracle database using pl/sql
For the connection to the Oracle™ DBMS we use the pl/sql script plsql_script.txt which is executed by the Java adapter class .
The pl/sql script is defined as:
The parameters used by the adapter class are
- name of the pl/sql script and where it is found
- name of the database and access parameters
For the interpretation of the column value of scenario1.Status being "
GO" some post-processing routine is used (here programmed in javax.script:rhino)
CheckFileExists: check if file exists
checkEncrypted: Interpretation of Parameter encryptedyn
The value of the parameter encryptedyn decides whether the file is to be encrypted or not. The encryption is done for a local copy of the file, therefore different steps of the job chain are used. The functions are part of the job checkEncrypted programmed in javax.script:rhino.
In case of encryption we use the following steps:
- transportSourceToLocal: copy file from source system to local system
- encrypt: encrypt file
- transportLocalToTarget: copy file from local system to target system
Without encryption only one transfer is used to copy the file from source to target in step
The transport steps are using the JITL job sos.scheduler.jade.JadeJob.
The following parameters are required as per step:
encrypt: encryption of the local file
In our example the encryption is only simulated. An own routine may be used here.
Report: Mailing a report
A mail is generated to send the YADE history file as an example for a report. External report features may be used here. The JITL job sos.scheduler.managed.JobSchedulerManagedMailJob is used here to manage the mail.
JobChain in JOE