Here you find an example for a WebDAV configuration in Apache that is used for YADE file transfers.
- Make sure that the modules dav_module, dav_fs_module and dav_lock_module are loaded.
- See http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_dav.html, http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_dav_fs.html and http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_dav_lock.html for more information.
Example of WebDAV configuration
- Make sure that the Apache user (e.g. wwwrun) has sufficient permissions for the above WebDAV directory /tmp/test/jade.
- It is strongly recommended that you configure all Apache ErrorDocument to
defaultin the WebDAV location or you remove all ErrorDocument in the httpd.conf.
- If you send a file with YADE to an Apache WebDAV server then YADE checks wether the target file exists.
- If the target file doesn't exist then the Apache WebDAV server response will include the ErrorDocument 404 in addition to the HTTP Status 404.
- If the ErrorDocument 404 points e.g. to /error/HTTP_NOT_FOUND.html.var then the answer of the Apache takes much longer (~1 minute).
Example for WebDAV configuration behind a proxy
Change the <Directory> element of the above configuration so that exclusively the proxy has access to the WebDAV location:
Where 188.8.131.52 is the IP address of the proxy server.