What type of events are available to initiate jobs (e.g. presence of a file)?
Jobs can be configured to start after the following events:
- file system events: file has been added deleted; file names to be triggered can be configured as regular expressions;
- calendar events: a given date, weekday, day of month, ultimo; these events can be configured to respect holidays;
- API events: use of the API method
- XML commands sent to the JobScheduler via TCP/IP or UDP datagrams. Jobs can be started, stopped (and otherwise controlled) by simple XML commands, e.g.
<start_job job="cleanup_tmp_files" at="now">.
- events created by the JobScheduler Operations Center (JOC) using the XML commands listed above.