Can JobScheduler synchronize objects such as jobs or job chains between Primary and Fail-over JobScheduler instances using https, rather than using the network filesystem?
- For operation of JobScheduler in fail-over mode, i.e. for a Primary JobScheduler and one or more Backup JobSchedulers, the only requirement is:
- both JobScheduler instances, Primary and Backup instance, have to share the same database.
- both JobScheduler instances should share the same configuration files and configuration objects such as jobs, job chains, orders etc.
- Our recommendation for shared JobScheduler configurations is to use:
- a JobScheduler Supervisor instance for remote configuration service that sends the configuration objects from the Primary JobScheduler to the Backup JobScheduler,
- a shared file system,
- rsync or a similar tool that synchronizes files between Primary and Backup JobScheduler.