- SOS products use XML configuration files.
- We have developed this editor to provide a convenient and efficient method of developing XML configurations without the significant overhead involved in manually typing such files.
Current applications (August 2015)
- Manage XML Configuration files, e.g. JADE - XML Configuration
- Assign an XSD Schema to configuration files
- Validate XML configuration files
- The Editor is schema-aware and suggests configuration elements and attributes
- The XML Editor shows the included schema documentation, e.g, JADE - Reference Documentation
- Operate the XML Editor on Windows systems
- To our knowledge the XML Editor works for Windows Vista, 7, 8, 10, Windows Server 2012 etc.
- The following prerequisites apply
- Microsoft .NET Framework version 3.5 SP1 and newer.
- If optional Plugins are used (provided with the sub-folder plugins) then a Java Run-Time Environment starting from version 1.8 is required.
- The XML Editor is available under the terms and conditions of the Freeware License.
- Unzip the download archive to any location in your system
- Run the XML Editor binary
- The XML Editor ships with the configuration file
- The file name consists of the XML Editor binary file name and the extension
- The configuration file has to be located in the same directory as the XML Editor binary file.
The following settings can be configured:
Setting Default Description
allows removal of a root node of the xml document
allows renaming of an xml file on the hard disk
automatically adds the required child nodes to the root node
shows the open file dialog
opens the last opened files on program start
opens XML files in read-only mode