YADE knows next to other the operations
The operations send and receive are not really needed and can be replaced by copy.
See also YADE-280 - Retirement of YADE send and receive operations Unsupported
What do operations send, receive and copy?
- send transfers files from the local disk
- receive transfers files to the local disk
- copy is more flexible. With copy you can transfer e.g. from server to server.
send and receive are special cases of copy where either the source or the target is local.
Why operations send and receive exist?
- Before YADE there was already another product for transfer files which was called SOSFTP. SOSFTP introduced the operations send and receive.
- Both operations were implemented in YADE for an easy migration of the SOSFTP profiles.
Difference between copy and send / receive
- The parameterization of a profile is different. See the examples below.
- The profile with operation copy must have source and target parameters to know the direction of the file transfer.
- The profile with operations send and receive know the direction of the file transfer. There have slightly different parameter names than copy.