Extract the downloaded archive
to an arbitrary directory, e.g.
The installer can run with or without a GUI.
- The installer asks for elevated administrator privileges, therefore it is not necessary to change the permissions in the
.\servicedirectory and the installer sets read/write permissions for the log directory.
- After the installation you will find
- a Windows service "
SOS JS7 Controller -id=<Controller ID>"
- an executable file
js7_controller_<Controller ID>.exethat is started by the Windows serviceService.
- a Windows service "
Run the installer dialog for the JS7 Controller using
Code Block language bash title Windows command to open the installer GUI
- The installer asks for elevated administrator permissions.
- Select the language to be used for the setup: English and German are available.
- Click Next on the Welcome to window of the Installation screen
- The License Agreement shown in Step 2 of the installation must be accepted before installation can occur.
- The installer opens a GUI to specify the installation path after you accept the terms of the license agreement.
- Add the HTTP port which can be used by the JS7 Controller. Make sure that the HTTP port is available, i.e. not otherwise used. If you run other applications that use this port then choose a different port.
- If you specify a service account then make sure that this account has "Log on as service permissions".
- If you selected the installation path to be located in
C:\Program Filesthen it is recommended to choose the log directory outside of the installation path, e.g.
- The installer sets read/write permissions for the specified Windows service user but normally exclusively the administrator group should have write permissions for
- This step shows the progress of the first part of the installation procedure.
- Changes to the installation configuration can no longer be made once this step was started.
- The Perform External Process shows the progress of the second part of the installation procedure.
The information displayed with this step is written to the installation log file, which is to be found in the
The last step of the installation shows a summary of the installation (success/error) and paths to relevant files.
- Stop the JS7 Controller instance.
- Prepare to rollback in case that the update of the JS7 Controller is not successful:
- Create a .zip archive for the
- Take a Backup of the above archives created.
The update using the GUI can be done by rerunning the installer (
setup.cmd) file from the .zip archive and by providing the same parameters such as installation paths, ports etc.
- The default path of the
logsdirectory for the Controller is:
- Installation log files are named according to the pattern,
Install_V[release]_[date&time]_....logwhere release is the version release number and date and time refer to the installation.
- For further references information about logging refer to the complete overview of log files files with the JS7 - Logging article.