- File Watching is used to automatically start workflows in the event of a file arrival in a directory.
- Agents watch directories for incoming files and add a file order for each incoming file.
- File orders are assigned workflows based on configurable rules.
- File Watching is a flexible means for enterprise application integration (EAI) as it :
- It enables e.g. 3rd party applications to launch workflows simply by creating files.
- It allows to trigger workflow execution on a number of Agents based arrival of a file.
This video explains how to start a workflow from an incoming filefile watching with JS7.