- Job activities can be limited to time slots. The JobScheduler supports any number of time slots, which can be configured according to individual requirements.
- The JobScheduler allows the assignment of job priorities.
- Job history protocols are optionally stored in a database.
- The locking feature prevents that two jobs access the same resource, e.g. a file or database, at the same time. In other words, only one process at a time can receive the exclusive right to access the resource as long as the lock is active.
- Standard job packages e.g. for log rotation and cleanup, sanity checking, job execution by remote JobSchedulers , FTP file and file transfer.
- Notifications for job execution results per by e-mail, configurable logging and monitoring of logs.
- API to implement jobs and job scripts, e.g. for complex conditional processing.
- Different graphical user interfaces: A built-in interface for job control and a GUI for managing configurations for several JobSchedulers on different server systems.
- High-availability Cluster: a JobScheduler backup cluster ensures fail-safe operation and fault tolerance with automatic fail-over. A fail-safe system consists of a primary JobScheduler and at least one backup, with both these JobSchedulers running on different computers.
- Load balancingsharing: For a high volume of data with time consuming processing using multiple JobSchedulers will speed up the processing time considerably and provide higher availability. In load balancing sharing mode the processing tasks are shared between multiple JobSchedulers that are handling distributed orders on more than one host.
- Solution stacks are implementations with third party Open Source components that are available for e.g.
- System Monitors such as Nagios®, op5®, Zabbix® etc.
- Secure Shell remote execution, SCP Secure Copy and SFTP Secure file transfer.
- The JobScheduler is written in C++ and Java, standard jobs are implemented with Java Version 1.7 and higher.
- Since JobScheduler release 1.6.4036 a JRE 1.7 or higher newer is required.
- Starting with JobScheduler release 1.9 a JRE 1.8 or higher newer is required.
- The Open Source JobScheduler is customized according to specific business requirements. Enterprise level Support is available.
- JobScheduler can be operated for 32bit and 64bit environmentsa number of Platforms, see Which platforms is JobScheduler available for and what platform support is provided?