|Table of Contents|
- Run a specific job within a job chain in a number of parallel instances, i.e. split a job for parallel processing. Each instance is executed on a different Agent.
- The use case is intended for execution of the same job within a job chain in parallel instances, not for parallel execution of different jobs.
- We assume am application for end of day processing that creates balance statements for a larger number of accounts. The application is installed on a number of servers each equipped with an Agent. The processing is split in a way that each instance of the application processes a chunk of accounts. The chunk size is calculated from the available Agents, not just from configured Agents. the sync article however,
- Join up jobs after parallel processing.
- The number of parallel job instances is dynamically determined from the number of Agents that are available to run the application.
- A number of orders is created for a specific job that would be executed in parallel on different Agents. The number of orders corresponds to the number of Agents and each order is parametrized to process a chunk of accounts.
- Finally the parallel job instances are joined up for further processing.
- How to split and sync join jobs in a job chain
- How to split and sync join a dynamic number of job instances in a job chain
- Download parallel_job_instances_with_agents.zip
- Extract the archive to a folder
./config/liveof your JobScheduler installation.
- The archive will extract the files to a folder
- You can store the sample files to a any folder as you like, the solution does not make use of specific folder names or job names.