|Table of Contents|
The JADE YADE Background Service provides a centralized transfer history collection, storage and viewing function for any number of JADE clientsYADE Clients. It is important that this service provides both prompt and reliable information and therefore two approaches for handling the history information can be configured in JADEYADE.
YADE Component Architecture article for a schematic overview that includes the Background Service.
YADE history file
- JADE YADE can be configured to write the history information directly to this file after each transfer session has been completed.
Note that the history information is directly written by JADE YADE and is not an extract from the log files.
- The history file is usually located on the same server as the JADE YADE Client itself.
- This file is then read at regular intervals by the (central) JobScheduler that provides the Background Service. This information is then stored in the (central) transfer history database.
- JADE YADE and the Background Service can be configured to limit the size of the history file and avoid read/write conflicts between JADE YADE and the Background Service.
- See the YADE Parameter Reference - HistorySystemPropertyFiles article for more detailed information about the configuration of the JADE YADE history file.
The automatic importing of the history file by the JobScheduler is described in more detail in the YADE Background Service Automation article.
There are two methods with which the JADE YADE Background Service can import the file transfer history to a database. Both methods can be applied at the same time to receive file transfer information immediately and reliably.
Immediate and transient history information
- JADE YADE can be configured to send the history information after each transfer session has been completed immediately to the JobScheduler providing the Background Service.
This information is sent using the UDP protocol in a 'fire and forget' manner.
- The JobScheduler then uses the JADE YADE Background Service jobs to write the history information to the transfer history database.
- The history information is lost if the JobScheduler providing the Background Service is not available at the time of transmission.
- See the YADE Parameter Reference - BackgroundServiceFragmentRef article for more detailed information about the configuration of the JADE YADE BackgroundService.
Delayed and persistent history information
- The JADE YADE Background Service provides delayed transfer of the history information to the transfer history database and the JADE YADE Background Service History Viewer or other viewing, reporting or notification system.
- The Background Service jobs copy the history file of each JADE YADE instance to a central server and import the data to the transfer history database.
For more information
- YADE Component Architecture article for an overview of how JADEYADE, the transfer history and the Background Service integrate and links leading to further information sources.